|Published||Oct 9, 2007||Cooking Time||1 hour|
|Recipe Type||Veg-Main||Preparation Time||30 min|
|Ingredient||Paneer/Cheese||Standing Time||1 hour|
Description: Malai Kofta is a classic North Indian dish. Koftas added into a richly flavored tomato cream base sauce to make a yummy and silky gravy which is served as a great side dish for rotis or pulaos.
Recipe of Malai Kofta
|Ginger Garlic Paste||1||Tablespoons|
|Red Chilli Pdr||1||Teaspoons|
|Grated Mix Vegetable||1||Cup|
|Grated Boiled Potato||1||Cup|
|Cashew/pista Or Almonds||20||Grams|
- Mash the potatoes, mixed vegetables, paneer and mix together. Add the spices to this mash and mix well. The resulting dough should be firm. If not add some bread crumbs ( only if you mess up} Season with salt.
- Make this dough into balls and put 1/2 a tsp of the nuts and mix in the center of each ball. Roll into perfect rounds. Coat it with some cornflour or all purpose flour.
- Heat the oil and deep fry the koftas on a medium flame till pale golden color.
- Drain on paper towels and keep aside.
- For the gravy, first heat the 2 tbsp of oil in a deep pan and fry the onions till light brown.
- Grind into a paste along with the tomatoes, onions, ginger, garlic, coriander, and red chilli powders.
- Heat oil add black cumin.
- Put this paste back into the pan and fry till the oil begins to separate from the masala.
- Add 1 cup of warm water (the sauce for this dish is meant to be thick so do not add too much water) to this masala to form a sauce/gravy. Mix well. Season with salt.
- Bring the sauce/gravy to a boil and then reduce the fire to a simmer.
- Add cream, If you don’t have cream add little milk and mix fast with out curdling and add finely grated paneer that will give good creamy texture.
- Gently add the koftas to this sauce/gravy and stop cooking.
- Turn off the fire and sprinkle the garam masala and chopped coriander all over the top of the dish.
Posted Oct 9, 2007