|Published||Oct 9, 2007||Cooking Time||1 hour|
|Recipe Type||Veg-Main||Preparation Time||30 min|
|Ingredient||Mix Vegetable||Standing Time||1 hour|
Description: Malai Kofta is a classic North Indian dish. Koftas added into a richly flavoured tomato cream base sauce to make a yummy and silky gravy which is served as a great side dish for rotis or pulaos.
Recipe of Malai Kofta
|Ginger Garlic Paste||1||Tablespoons|
|Red Chilli Pdr||1||Teaspoons|
|Grated Mix Vegetable||1||Cup|
|Grated Boiled Potato||1||Cup|
|Cashew/pista Or Almonds||20||Grams|
- Mash the potatoes, mixed vegetables, paneer and mix together. Add the spices to this mash and mix well. The resulting dough should be firm. If not add some bread crumbs ( only if you mess up} Season with salt. ·
- Make this dough into balls and put 1/2 a tsp of the nuts and mix in the center of each ball. Roll into perfect rounds. Coat it with some cornflour or all purpose flour ·
- Heat the oil kept aside to fry the koftas, on a medium flame. Deep fry these rounds till pale golden in colour. · Drain on paper towels and keep aside. ·
- For the gravy, first heat the 2 tbsp of oil in a deep pan and fry the onions till light brown. ·
- Grind into a paste along with the tomatoes, onions, ginger, garlic, coriander, and red chilli powders. ·
- Heat oil add black cumin·
- Put this paste back into the pan and fry till the oil begins to separate from the masala. . ·
- Add 1 cup of warm water (the sauce for this dish is meant to be thick so do not add too much water) to this masala to form a sauce/gravy. Mix well. Season with salt. ·
- Bring the sauce/gravy to a boil and then reduce the fire to a simmer. ·
- Add cream , If you don’t have cream add little milk and mix fast with out curdling and add finely grated paneer that will give good creamy texture·
- Gently add the kofas to this sauce/gravy and stop cooking .
- Turn off the fire and sprinkle the garam masala and chopped coriander all over the top of the dish.
Posted Oct 9, 2007