|Published||September 12, 2012||Cooking Time||1 hour|
|Main Ingredient||Chicken||Preparation Time||10 mins|
|An excellent and delicious Malvani Chicken dish made with authentic Malvani spices.|
Recipe of MALVANI CHICKEN
|Malvani Masala dry powder||2||Teaspoons|
|Green chillies, crushed||1||Teaspoons|
|Garlic cloves, crushed||1||Teaspoons|
|For Gravy -|
|Freshly ground coconut paste||1||Tablespoons|
|Black pepper corns||1||Teaspoons|
|Dry Red Chillies||4-5||Numbers|
|For Masala -|
|Garam masala powder||1||Teaspoons|
|Water as needed|
|Salt to taste|
|Browned grated Copra powder||1||Tablespoons|
|Coriander leaves, chopped||1||Springs|
1. Heat a tablespoon of oil in a pan and add few pieces of red chillies, coriander seeds, black pepper corns, few cinnamon sticks and fry till for a while and add chopped onions. Cook this on a slow flame till the onions are translucent.
2. Add 1 tbsp freshly ground coconut paste and cook the masalas are nicely coloured. Remove, grind this mixture in the blender to a paste and keep aside.
3. Heat oil in a pan and when the oil gets hot, add crushed garlic, ginger, green chillies and saut till the raw flavours are gone.
4. Add Malvani masala, turmeric and garam masala powder. Cook this masala on a slow flame and then add the ground masala paste and saut.
5. Add little water and mix well. Add chicken pieces and mix well until the chicken pieces are nicely coated with the masala.
6. Add salt, mix and cover the pan with a lid. Cook this for sometime on a slow flame till the chicken oozes out its juices.
7. If required you can add little water and again cook on medium flame till the chicken gets tender. When the chicken is almost done, sprinkle some finely browned grated copra (dry coconut). Mix well.
8. Switch off the flame and garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves.