|Published||Jun 4, 2009||Cooking Time||1 hour|
|Recipe Type||Appetizers||Preparation Time||30 min|
|Ingredient||Other||Standing Time||1 hour|
Description: Samosa is a stuffed pastry popular in Hyderabad. It is generally fried in triangular shape with a savory filling. The stuffing includes the potatoes, onions, peas, coriander etc. The samosa often served with tamarind chutney or curd.Onion samosa, popularly known as Irani samosa is a stuffed pastry and popular in South Asia, Southeast Asia, Central Asia, Arabian Peninsula, Southwest Asia, North and South Africa. It is generally fried in triangular shape with a savory filling. The stuffing includes the potatoes, onions, peas, coriander etc. The samosa often served with tamarind chutney or curd.
Recipe of Onion Samosa
|Atta (Wheat Flour)||1||Cup|
- Take a bowl add maida,atta,salt, 1 tsp oil mix well then add water to make a soft dough rest it for 10min.Now in another bowl,take onions chopped,poha,chilli powder,cumin powder,green chillis chopped,oriander ,chat masala mix well.
- In a small bowl add 1tsp of maida mix with some water and make a paste keep a side.
- Now take the dough make a thin chapaties and take a pan slightly cook the chapatis both the sides do not cook more.Once chapaties are ready cut the chapati sheets into long triangle shape.
- Now apply maida paste one side of the sheet make a cone shape stuff the mixture in the cone then close the edge.
- In a pan add oil to deep fry, first half fry and remove then after 5min fry again till golden colour.
Posted Jun 4, 2009