For the covering:
- Mix 1 cup All purpose flour, 2 -3 tablespoon of Besan(gram flour), a pinch of salt with 2 teaspoons of heated oil and water to make a tight dough. Leave the dough covered for 15 mins.
For the filling:
1) In a pan, roast poppy seeds + sesame seeds +fennel seeds until light brown
2) In a bowl, mix the roasted mixture in step 1 with cumin powder, red chili powder, sugar, salt, desiccated coconut, thin nylon sev.
3) In a heated pan, take 1 teaspoon of oil, mix this above mixture in step 2. ( Oil should be minimum as we want to keep this filling dry).
4) With the dough prepared, make a thin big size circle ( like a tortilla).
5) Apply tamarind paste to the dough chapati, sprinkle the filling all over the circular chapati.
6) Roll it tight amp; cut into equal size pieces. Fry in heated oil.