Besan (gatte) Ki Sabzi Recipe 1, How To Make Besan (gatte) Ki Sabzi Recipe
How to makeBesan (Gatte) ki Sabzi?How to cookBesan (Gatte) ki Sabzi?Learn the recipeBesan (Gatte) ki Sabziby vahchef.For all recipes visit vahrehvah.com
How to make Besan (Gatte) ki Sabzi1
1 reviews so far
prep time 30 mins
Cook time 15 mins
Total time 45 mins
Author : johsna69
Main Ingredient : Tomatoes
Servings : 0 persons
Published date : September 27, 2007
Ingredients used in Besan (Gatte) ki Sabzi
• Besan (Gram flour) 100 Grams.
• Tomatoes medium size (finely chopped) 3 Numbers.
• Onion medium size (finely chopped) 2 Numbers.
• Green chilies (finely chopped) 4 Numbers.
• Ginger and garlic paste 1 Tablespoons.
• Turmeric powder 1/2 Tablespoons.
• Mustard paste 1/2 Tablespoons.
• Red chili powder 1/4 Tablespoons.
• Coriander powder 1/4 Tablespoons.
• Asafoetida Pinch.
• Cumin seed 1 Tablespoons.
• Carom (Ajwain) seed 1/2 Tablespoons.
• Gram masala 1/4 Tablespoons.
• Salt To Taste.
How to make the recipe:
Mix well besan, 2 green chillies, carom, 1/8 tbsp red chili powder and 1 tbsp oil.
Add water into besan to make dough.
Make a 1 cm diameter round and 5-6 inches long (like seekh kabab).
Put it into boiling water and boil for 10 minutes.
Take out the water and cut the besan round into small pieces and keep aside. (Besan rounds are also called gatte .)
Heat oil, add asafetida, cumin seeds, 2 green chilies, stir-fry till well browned.
Add ginger garlic paste and mustard paste heat for 1 minute.
Add chopped onion, heat for 3 minutes. Add chopped tomatoes and heat for 2 minutes.
Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, salt, garam masala and 1.5 cup water and boil for 5 minutes.
Now gravy is ready.
Put gatte into gravy and boil for 3 minutes (Heat until gravy is thick).
Serve hot with steamed rice or plain paratha.