- Boil potatoes, peel the skin and mash it.
- Take a large vessel, put the potatoes, salt, garam masala powder , coriander powder, black pepper and coriander and mix thoroughly. Be sure there are no lumps in the mixture.
- Take a handful of mixture. Shape it round into a cutlet, like a cookie, (about 2-3 inches in diameter and 1 inch thick). Roll each cutlet lightly on bread crumbs to give it a thin coating and set aside.
- Put a medium-sized frying pan on the stove and drop 2 tsp. of the oil on it.
- Arrange about 4 cutlets on the pan and fry them until they are cooked and golden-brown. Gently turn them over and add 2 more tsp. of oil and fry the other side until it is cooked and golden-brown. Remove from heat and set aside.
Serve it with sauce or chutney.