- Clean and wash the moongdal and rice.
- In a pressure cooker, add 2-3teaspoon of oil, cumin, pepper corns, cashews and saute them for a minute.
- Now add the ginger, curry leaves and sauteacute; them altogether.
- Add the rice, moongdal, water and salt to the cooker.
- In a medium heat, cook until 1 whistle comes up. Remove from the heat after 1 whistle. Wait until release of the pressure of the cooker.
- Open the pressure cooker, add the ghee and mix them together.
Serve hot with sambhar and chutney.