|Published||Nov 26, 2007||Cooking Time||1 hour|
|Recipe Type||Breads||Preparation Time||30 min|
|Ingredient||Flour||Standing Time||1 hour|
Description: Roomali roti is extremely a thin flat bread and usually served folded like a handkerchief. The bread is usually made with a combination of whole and white wheat flours (atta and maida respectively) and best cooked on a tandoor.
Recipe of Roomali Roti
|Water To Knead||ml|
|Whole Wheat Flour (Atta)||11/2||Cup|
- Mix wheat flour maida, salt andsieve them together.
- add water bit by bit and make a smooth and elastic dough add oil and set aside covered with moist muslin cloth for 15 min.
- Now make small balls of the dough and roll like a thin chapati of about 8" diameter circle using little dry flour with thicker center and thinner edges
- Heat an inverted griddle (tawa).
- Place the roti carefully over it and cook till done.
- Fold it like a handkerchief.
- Serve hot with hot vegetable or hot kababs
Posted Nov 26, 2007