Sweet shells - gavalu
|Published||May 1, 2009||Cooking Time||1 hour|
|Recipe Type||Appetizers||Preparation Time||30 min|
|Ingredient||Sugar||Standing Time||1 hour|
Description: Gavvalu is a sweet made of all purpose flour (maida), ghee and little water fried and mixed in sugar syrup
Recipe of Sweet shells - gavalu
- Take a bowl pour maida into it add ghee and mix well.Now add water to make dough, the dough should not be too hard or soft.
- Take a Fork turn back side, then take a small piece of dough into hand and press at the back side of the fork and remove oppsite direction repeat the same way for all the dough.
- keep the shells a side.Now take a pan add oil for fry add the shells into the oil and deep fry till light golden brown colour fry in a low flame
- .once it is done remove from oil and keep it a side.Now take another pan add sugar and little water and let it boil till you get a thick consistency and remove from the flame
- .Add the fried shells to the sugar syrup once the sugar sticks to shells transfer these shells into another plate.
Posted May 1, 2009