Air fried Mini Calzone Calzones are amazing miniature or mini folded pizzas stuffed with the goodness of some appetizing, nutritious and yummy pizza sauce, veggies, cottage cheese (paneer) and cheese that are brilliantly air fried in the Philips Air fryer giving them the perfect shape, texture and crispness to eat. These air fried mini Calzones are super delicious, finger licking, guilt free hot pockets that are easy to prepare, mess-free, portable snacks to carry for snack time or lunch time. They are also the perfect little snacks that can be served for your kitty parties, birthday parties etc.
These mini air fried calzones are the miniature version of pizzas that are folded and fried. They are the ideal, healthy snacks that are best eaten between meals. Calzone is an Italian filled oven bread said to have originated in Naples, is shaped as a folded pizza. A typical calzone is often baked in an oven and stuffed with meat, mozzarella, ricotta, parmesan or pecorino cheese amalgamated with an egg. Often mini shaped calzones are fried in olive oil and served. Generally the ingredients that go in the stuffing vary according to regional preferences.
These delectable snacks can be served with a nice tangy sauce or topped with a combination of garlic, olive oil and parsley. You could also use leftovers as the stuffing to delight your kids with some just mouth-watering snack. Do try preparing this wonderful snack and I am sure you would instantly feel a thousand times better. These are just super easy snacks to prepare as you can also make these crescent shaped folded pizzas ahead of time and air fry just before serving. Lightly just brush the mini calzones with little oil before placing in the air fryer for a nice golden color and crisp texture.
Recipe of Air Fried Mini Calzones:
- Yeast - 5gm
- Water - 110 ml
- Sugar - 5 gm
- Salt - 3 gm
- Oil - 10ml
- Flour - 200 gm
- Garlic - 10 gm
- Tomatoes - 30 gm
- Tomato puree - 20 ml
- chili pwd - 5 gm
- pepper pwd - 5 gm
- oregano - 1 gm
- parsley - 1 gm
- American corn - 10 gm
- Green bell pepper - 30 gm
- Cottage cheese - 30 gm
- Preheat the air fryer at 200 degree C.
- Take a bowl add water, yeast, sugar, salt and mix well.
- In another bowl, add flour and mix the yeast mixture in the flour and make a smooth dough. Cover and rest it for some time.
- For making the pizza sauce: In a pan, add pan and when it becomes hot, add garlic and sauté. Add tomato puree, salt, paprika powder, pepper powder, oregano, parsley and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes. The pizza sauce is ready.
- Take a bowl, add pizza sauce, American corn, chopped green bell pepper, chopped tomato and grated cottage cheese.
- Dust the flour then take a ball of dough and roll it with help of rolling pin. Cut the dough with help of round cutter.
- Stuff the mixture only in one side and overlap it. Seal it with little water.
- Take a tooth pick and make small holes so that the steam can escape.
- Pour little oil on the top and then place them in the air fryer and cook at 200 degree C for 7 minutes.
When it comes to Snacks & Appetizers, Indian cuisine has a special place because cooking is considered as an art in India and also due to its varied variations of mixed cuisines; we have a wide range of snacks and appetizers. Kids too love eating delicious & tangy snacks. Snacks are mostly eaten between meals or usually served with evening tea or coffee.
Homemade snacks are much sought after for the obvious reasons of using fresh food products and making healthy and nutritious foods. At Vahrehvah, we have wide range of snacks and appetizers from steamed to oven baked, quickie and easy snack ideas that you can stir up to quick growing appetite of your children or to refresh your tired loved one and cater to your guests. Do prepare and delight your kids.
You could always reach me at my website for more amazing nutritious and enticing snack recipes at: www.vahrehvah.com
Enjoy Cooking and always remember that: “VahrehVah is all about inspiring others to cook”!