- Take whole garammasala spices in a blender, add peppercorns, grindto a fine powder and keep aside.
- Boil water in a vessel, season with salt, add little oil, basmatirice and boil untilrice is 70% cooked.
- Peel the potatoes cut them into 2 halves, use a fork to makes gashesand soakthem in water seasoned with salt.
- Heat oil in a pan, add potato pieces, fry them and transfer to a plate.
- In the same pan, add chicken pieces, coriander powder, cumin powder, prepared masala powder, salt, green chilies, mint leaves, brown onions, coriander leaves, milk, mix well and cook till chicken pieces turn tender enough.
- Now add fried potatoes, saute it, transfer thecooked rice on top and cook with closed lid for about 15 to 20 minutes, turn off the flame, toss it and transfer to servingbowl.
DeliciousAloo Chicken Biryani in Calcutta Style is now ready to serve.