Arisium Prarupu Sadam Recipe 1, How To Make Arisium Prarupu Sadam Recipe
This is a popular rice variety cooked around coimbatore,erode district.
How to make arisium prarupu sadam1
0 reviews so far
Prep time 10 mins
Cook time 20 mins
Total time 20 mins
Author : Vahchef
Main Ingredient : Rice
Servings : 0 persons
Published date : April 27, 2009
Ingredients used in arisium prarupu sadam
• oil to fry onions and salt to taste .
• mustard and channa,urad dhal for tempering 1/2 each Teaspoons.
• turmeric pd 1/2 Teaspoons.
• curry leaves few and chopped coriander1 tbsp .
• green chili 1-2 Numbers.
• garlic 5 Clove.
• tomato small 1 Numbers.
• shallots / small size red onion 15 Numbers.
• thoor dhal 1/4 Cup.
• sona masoori rice or any par boiled cooking rice 1 Cup.
• course ground the following ingredient: .
• garlic clove 2 small Numbers.
• dry red chillies 1 Numbers.
• cumin 1 Teaspoons.
• cinnamon and clove 1 each Numbers.
• curry leaves 4 Numbers.
How to make the recipe:
Soak rice and dhal for an hour. Add oil in the pressure cooker and temper mustard, channa urad dhal, slit green chillis, curry leaves. Add onion, garlic,turmeric and fry couple of minutes. Add corsely ground paste, fry for a minute. Add chopped tomato, fry until soft. Add three 1/4 cup of water and add salt. Add coriander to the water allow it to boil and add rice, dhal mixture. Let it boil until half of the water is absorbed by the rice. Pressure cook in medium size stove, for 1 minute in high flame and 5 minutes in low flame or leave 3 whistles whichever suits your pressure cooker. Serve rice with a spoon of melted ghee (must) to the plate. Brinjal and potato poriyal and cucmber yogurt pachadhi is a fantastic combination for this rice. Pepper chicken varuval would be too good with this rice I suppose. It is your choice