- Remove the peel of ash gourd and grate it, squeeze out water with hand or by placing in muslin cloth with a weight on it.
- Soak urad dal for 3 - 4 hour strain water and transfer into mixie jar, add green chillies, ginger, cumin seeds, salt and blend it into a coarsepaste.
- Transfer into a bowl, add grated ash gourd and mix nicely.
- Take a small portion and press it with hand and place in a plate.
- Keep the plate in sunlight until it is dry, it takes 2 days to dry completely.
Now deep fry in hot oil and serve it.