1. First dry fry whole garam masala, mustard and cumin seeds when they start to splutter add onions turmeric, ginger & garlic paste.
2. Add masalas and add the paste of roasted groundnut, sesame seeds, and coconut powder and cook for 15 min then add tamarind and jaggery and cook till oil oozes out
3. In the meantime cut the vankaya(brinjal) as four parts but don't cut at the end(stem)
4. Immediately put them in the oil, fry slowly stirring occasionally till they are fully softened and add to the cooking gravy
5. This is very good with rice, pulaos, and chapatis. and a must with biryanis.