Bitter Melon - Karela Fry Recipe, How To Make Bitter Melon - Karela Fry Recipe
Karela fry/ bitter melon fry/ Kakarakaya Vepudu is a simple Indian food recipe using bittergourd and spices. Karela slices are sauteed with caramalized onions, spices and fried to perfection. bitter gourd cooked dry with pinch of sugar.
How to make bitter melon - Karela Fry
112 reviews so far
Prep time mins
Cook time 25 mins
Total time 25 mins
Author : Vahchef
Main Ingredient : Bitter Melon, Karela
Servings : 2 persons
Published date : April 28, 2009
Ingredients used in bitter melon - Karela Fry
• SUGAR 1 Teaspoons.
• red chill powder 1 Teaspoons.
• Coriander powder 1 Teaspoons.
• ginger garlic paste 1 Teaspoons.
• green chillies 4 Numbers.
• curry leaves 1/2 Bunch.
• urad dal 1 Teaspoons.
• Oil 2 Tablespoons.
• Turmeric - Haldi 1 Teaspoons.
• salt as per taste 0.
• bitter melon 500 Grams.
• CORIANDER LEAVES 1/2 Bunch.
How to make the recipe:
1. Grate bitter melon cut into thin slices transfer into a bowl add salt and turmeric into it and keep it a side. 2.Then mix bitter melon as if you are squeezing them, in this u will able to see excess water squeez them and transfer into another bowl, if you want you can wash with water for 2 times. 3.Take a Pan add oil, ural dal,green chillies,curry leaves,green chillies,ginger garlic paste saute them for a min. 4.Now add the sliced bitter melon into it and saute them in low flame then add coriander powder,red chili powder saute them again and close it with a lid for 5-10 min. 5. Now remove the lid and saute them and add sugar into it and mix let it fry till the bittermelon changes its colour into golden brown and crispy. 6. Lastly add coriander leaves and switch off the flame.