- Remove the peel of pumpkin, grate it and keep aside.
- Take a pressure cooker add barley, water and pressure cook for 2 whistles. Separate barley, water and keep aside.
- Heat butter in a pan, add garlic, bay leaf, pumpkin and saute it for 3-4 minutes on a slow flame until it becomes soft.
- Remove the bay leaf and transfer into mixie jar to blend into a fine puree.
- Heat same pan, add pumpkin puree, cooked barley water and boil it by adding pepper powder, barley.
- Check for seasoning and transfer to serving bowl.
Now pumpkin and barley soup are ready to serve.