- The first step would be to grind the cashew pieces to make a course powder.
- There can be small pieces. This will be a crunchy taste to the burfi.
- In a heavy flat bottomed vessel add the cashew powder, sugar and milk, the sugar liquifies and blends in. Keep stirring to get an even smooth mixture.
- After a few stirs start adding ghee one teaspoon at a time. Give some time for the mixture to absorb the ghee added. Continue this with the rest of the ghee.
- Now you can see the mixture thickening. At one point the mixture can take in no more ghee and it starts frothing in the sides of the pan.
- This is the right stage to remove the mixture from flame. pour this mixture into a greased plate and even it out. Let this cool for a while.
Now it can be cut into desired shapes.