1. First combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Sift and set aside.
2. Beat and egg. Add a pinch of vanilla and set aside.
3. Using a hand mixer, mix together butter and sugar (brown and white). Add the beaten egg little by little as you mix.
4. Once the above said are incorporated, add the flour, baking soda , salt mixture and beat until combined.
5. Finally add the chocolate chips and fold in with a spatula. Now the cookie dough is ready!
6. Refrigerate for atleast one hour before baking.
7. After about an hour, preheat the oven at 200C.
8. Line the baking tray with parchment paper. make balls (of lime size) and arrange keeping enough space from all sides so that the cookies do not stick to each other when they are getting baked.
9. Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until you see the cookies turn golden brown.
10. Done! Take off from the oven. Allow to cool before you serve.