Dry fish brinjal curry is a popular in Andhra Pradesh served with rice and roti. Dry Fish Brinjal curry is a very popular dish prepared in the coastal areas of Andhra Pradesh. This dish is served with rice or roti. This is an extremely delicious curry preparation where dry fish pieces are cooked with brinjal in onion tomato gravy. They blend well and is slightly spicy to eat. This curry preparation is easy to prepare and is not a dry curry dish. The juices from the tomatoes, brinjal mixed with spices and fresh herbs infuses its flavors into the dry fish making its highly delectable to eat. Often people avoid or don’t like cooking dry fish as it smells heavy. But the ultimate product is truly worth eating and enjoying.
Recipe: Dry Fish and Brinjal Curry
- Dry Fish - 2 nos
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Onion, chopped - ½ cup
- Salt - to taste
- Green chillies - 2 nos
- Ginger garlic paste - ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
- Tomato, chopped - 1 cup
- Red chilli powder - ½ tsp
- Coriander powder - ½ tsp
- Cumin powder - ¼ tsp
- Slender Eggplant - 1 cup
- Water - 1 cup
- Coriander leaves - ½ bunch
- Cut dry fish into length sizes.
- Heat oil in a pan, add dry fish pieces and sauté for 4 minutes and then soak in water to clean dust.
- Heat little more oil in the same pan, add onions, salt, green chillies, ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder and sauté well.
- Drain off the water and add dry fish pieces and mix well.
- Add tomato, red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and mix.
- Add slender brinjal pieces, water and cook for 5-8 minutes with lid on.
- Lastly sprinkle some coriander leaves and serve with rice, roti or phulkas.
Dry fish is a popular delicacy along the coastal areas across the country. It is completely a natural product that naturally retains the antioxidant and omega 3 benefits of fresh fish. Fish is highly nutritious and constitutes numerous nutritional benefits. Brinjal is another amazing vegetable that is versatile and blends well with other veggies, non-veg foods and spices.
They nicely amalgamate with other ingredients thus making the dish divine to eat. They are also packed with various nutritional benefits and is cholesterol free. If you are fond of eating dry fish, this makes an excellent combination of ingredients cooking dry fish. Do try this wonderful and aromatic recipe and delight your palate with its zest. Eat fresh and healthy foods always to stay healthy and fit.
Do try preparing different types of fresh dishes.
To try more delicious and favorite recipe of yours, do click on: www.vahrehvah.com.
My rating: 4 stars: ★★★★☆ 1 review(s)
You could always reach me at my below links: My Cooking Videos Indian Recipes Indian Food Regional Indian Cuisines VahChef Sanjay Thumma
Enjoy Cooking and always remember that: “VahrehVah is all about inspiring others to cook”!