Every thing about 5 Super Food that help Beat the Heat | Vahrehvah :
With temperatures rising too high as summer is in, many of us try various ways to face this scorching heat and dryness. Sipping cold beverages, having chilled ice-creams, hiding under the shades of tress at exotic hill stations are few excellent ways to be away from the heat.
Summer is already in and some of the vital points that we need to take care of our skin. Besides dehydrating our body, the extreme heat in summers can cause havoc to the skin such as tanning, pigmentation, dullness in skin, loss of appetite etc.
To overcome the heat and keep your body cool, the best and easy method is having nice and fresh cooling foods that we will cool the body temperature and also keep you nutritionally fit and healthy and stay fresh. Do check out on the 5 listed super foods that help you beat the heat.
- Watermelon: Watermelon is a excellent, luscious summer staple best to be eaten during summers. It is an excellent party, picnic or barbecue fruit. It has high water content and rich source of vitamin C and antioxidant lycopene that help protecting from the sun too. This is the ideal snack to cool off and replenish electrolytes that you lose in sweating in summer. This excellently replenishes the lost fluids and is recommended to be eaten after lunch or dinner.
- Cucumber: Commonly known as kakdi has high water content and absolutely cooling and refreshing to eat. It’s an excellent comfort food that can be eaten raw or added into yogurt based dips. It is one of the best ideal cooling vegetable to eat to beat the sizzling summer heat. Apart from this, it keeps you hydrated, flushes out toxins, packs you with vitamins and supplies minerals such as magnesium, potassium etc.
- Mint: Fresh mint is an excellent aromatic natural herb that provides an instant cooling sensation. It’s a zero-calorie herb and best to be added in fresh juices/ beverages or snack which will freshen and engulfs its fragrance in the dish. Mint serves as a cooling spice and taste well in tea or lemonade adding extra cooling effect to your taste buds. Mint commonly known as pudina acts as great skin cleanser and keeps acidity at bay.
- Sugarcane juice/ Coconut water: They are ideal natural thirst quenching beverages that keep you cool during summers. They are also healthier alternatives that can be taken instead of colas or packaged fruit juices. They are naturally sweetened drinks, free from chemicals and offer a plethora of health benefits like improved digestion, weight loss and glowing skin.
- Buttermilk: Having a glass of buttermilk to beat the heat is always a welcome delicacy. The good bacteria in buttermilk boost the digestion and a sought after mainly for its health benefits. It is one of the perfect drinks that makes you feel refreshing, is an excellent source of potassium, vitamin B12, riboflavin, phosphorus and calcium. It acts as an coolant that reduces the body heat especially during summers.
You could also include other food items like lemons, grapefruit, amla (gooseberry), muskmelon, mango, peaches, sugar palm fruit etc in your daily diet to escape from the heat. So next time you want to quench your thirst, do use these super foods and try innovation recipes giving new variations and twist in taste.
Do look out for your favorite and many more yummy, appetizing and exotic recipes at: www.vahrehvah.com You could always reach me at my below links:
My Cooking Videos Indian Recipes Indian Food Regional Indian Cuisines VahChef Sanjay Thumma
Enjoy cooking and eating healthy foods to stay hale and hearty. Always remember that: “VahrehVah is all about inspiring others to cook”!