Every thing about BROAD BEANS | Vahrehvah :
Broad beans, famously known as Vicia faba also, called as Horse bean, Field bean and Windsor bean. The term bean can refer to the pod or seed. It is an important leguminous crop worldwide because of its nutrient-rich seeds. Extensively used as a legume, vegetable and as fodder. Legumes have the potential to support protein production by replacing meat and dairy products in the human diet. There are three main varieties of Broad beans such as Longpod, Windsor varieties and Dwarf varieties. The beans can be fried, causing the skin to split open, and then salted or spiced to produce a savory crunchy snack. These beans are meaty and flavorful enough to hold their own as a side dish. It is a rich source of proteins, fiber, and other non-nutrient compounds considered beneficial for health.
Variety of recipes are prepared with this vegetable:
- Broad Beans Pulao - Broad Beans, rice, coconut and many seasonings combines the best of the bursting taste to bring you one pot meal filled with all goodness of fiber, nutrition, iron and carbohydrates. This can be had for lunch or dinner. This goes well with raita and onion salad.
- Broad Beans Aloo Methi Curry is a very simple and delicious curry made with broad beans, potato and tangy methi flavor. It is a perfect accompaniment for both rice and chapathi.
- Field Beans Dry Cury - The simple and traditional way of making broad bean is the excellent dry curry. It can be make it a lot of way.
- Broad beans are rich in vitamin c, which acts as an antioxidant and helps in the functioning of white blood cells.
- Broad beans provide an adequate amount of Vitamin B9 which helps to prevent brain, colon and lung cancer.
- The addition of vegetables rich in Vitamin C like broad beans reduce the chances of having stroke.
- Broad beans are a rich source of iron which helps to treat and prevent anemia (low hemoglobin and red blood cells).
Broad beans are perfect merge of nutritious, fibrous and delicious veggie.