September 21, 2007
1) Heat oil in a heavy based pot and saute the onion until golden brown. Add meat; and fry meat for about 10 minutes.
2) Add salt, black pepper and water. Mix and cover on low heat. Let it cook until the meat is tender.
3) Separately in a heavy based pot bring 6 cups of water to a boil. Add rice and cook for 5 minutes. Take rice off heat.
4) Combine the meat sauce, raisins, carrots, cardamom seeds, cumin seeds and rice; mix well.
5) Bake in an oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes and remove.