1. Mix the Caputo 00 grade flour, 1 stick of yeast dissolved in 1 tbsp of warm water, salt 2-3 tbsp, 1 tsp olive oil, 500 mL water. Knead thoroughly in a big ball and leave it in a warm place covered with a moist cloth for 2-3 hrs to rise.
2. The San Marzano tomatoes are curious, strongly flavoured long tomatoes. They are not round! Boil them, skin them, blend them and salt them. Nothing else goes into the pizza sauce! It is just tomatoes and salt.
3. Take a piece of the dough out, roll it until it is around half an inch or less thick. Spread the passata di pomodoro. Break the mozzarella into little pieces and randomly scatter them on the sauce. The Italians do not grate their mozzarella because the true Italian mozzarella is so soft that it cannot be grated. It easily comes apart in your hands.
4. Scatter the basil leaves in the middle of the pizza.
5. EU Diktat says that the Neapolitan pizza must be baked in a stone oven next to a wood fire fired to 800-900deg;C. However, since this cannot be achieved at home, well try the next best thing. Heat your oven to the maximum possible temperature and place a pizza stone inside it. Wait for at least 20 mins to make sure the stone is properly heated. Place your pizza carefully inside.
6. Wait for around 10 mins. You must take the pizza out before the mozzarella starts to roast and just when the leopard-spots have formed on the pizza.
7. The way to eat pizza in italy is not by using oregano or any such powders. Soak chilli flakes with a little garlic and salt in olive oil for 10-15 mins. Spread this olive oil on the pizza and enjoy!