Samosa Patties Recipe, How To Make Samosa Patties Recipe
This recipe I created when I did not have the time to make the pastry and wrap the samosas
How to make samosa patties
0 reviews so far
Prep time 20 mins
Cook time 5 mins
Total time 5 mins
Author : scc33
Main Ingredient : Potatos
Servings : 0 persons
Published date : December 21, 2008
Ingredients used in samosa patties
• coating: all purpose flour (maida) 3/4 Cup.
• canola or vegetable oil enough to deep fry Numbers.
• butter 2 Teaspoons.
• onion - finely minced one Small.
• dry methi leaves - crushed 2 Tablespoons.
• garam masala 1/2 Teaspoons.
• ground coriander 1/2 Teaspoons.
• ground cumin 1/2 Teaspoons.
• lemon - juice only 1/2 Piece.
• fresh or frozen peas - if frozen, thaw first. 1/2 Cup.
• Potato one Big.
• chickpea flour (besan) 3/4 Cup.
• egg one Large.
• water 2 Tablespoons.
• baking powder 1/2 Teaspoons.
• salt 1/2 Teaspoons.
How to make the recipe:
Peel cut and boil potato until tender. Drain and mash. Fry the minced onion in the butter until it is soft. Add onion to the potato. Add the coriander, cumin, methi leaves, garam masala and juice of 1/2 lemon. Add the peas and salt and gently mix together. Wet your hands (to prevent sticking) and shape the mixture into patties around 2 - 3 inches in diameter and place on a plate. If you need to layer them, place a piece of wax paper or cling wrap between layers. Place in the refrigerator for about 45 minutes, until they are firm. When they are ready to cook, begin heating the canola or vegetable oil to medium heat. Beat the egg and water in a bowl and set aside. Blend the all purpose flour, besan and baking powder in another bowl. When the oil is hot - you can tell when a piece of the potato mix will bubble and rise to the top of the pan - take a patty and dip it into the egg, roll it in the flour mixture, then put it into the hot oil (you should use a large spoon or mesh scoop to do this so you don#39;t splatter hot oil on yourself). Fry until golden brown and remove onto a paper towel. Serve with chutney.