- Take a pan add poppy seeds, chironji, cashew nut, on the slow flame, toss it well. Switch off the flame and add coconut powder.
- Once it gets cool, make it into a fine paste.
- In a bowl add salt, 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste, chopped green chili or green chili paste, yogurt, whisk it.
- Then add chicken, mix it and marinate this for at least 2 hours.
- Take another bowl add ginger garlic paste, coriander powder, chopped green chili, dried kasoori methi, chopped coriander, mint leaves, fried onions and add some water, salt, mix it up as a slurry.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add whole garam masala, add mixture and cook it for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Now add white paste (poppy seeds, chironjee, cashew nut, and coconut powder) and let it cook for 10 minutes on the slow flame. Mix it gradually.
- Once masala gets cooked, add marinated chicken, add some water and cook it for another 15 minutes with the lid on it.
- Now add potatoes, cook it till potatoes get soft.
- Switch off the flame and garnish it with fried onion.
Serve hot with rice, naan, chapattis.