- Soak chana dal and udad dal separately overnight or atleast for 5-6 hours.
- Soak poha before half an hour or so of making this recipe. They do not need to be kept overnight.
- After soaking them for required time as stated above, drain out the water from both these dals but do not throw that water away. We can use it while grinding this dal.
- Now, blend chana dal in a blender and make a coarse paste of chana dal. You can add that drained water from dal if needed while blending.
- Keep this paste aside in a bowl and blend Udad dal in a similar manner.
- When udad dal paste is ready, add soaked poha in it and blend again.
- Mix this paste in the same bowl with chana dal paste.
- Add salt, green chilli paste, ginger paste, turmeric powder and Asafoetida in this mixture and mix well.
- At last, add fruit salt in this mixture and give it a one side stir. Do not mix too much.
- Now, prepare a steamer by adding enough (3-4 cups) water in it and put it on a high flame to get steamed.
- Prepare a tray or any other utensil which you can put in your steamer by greasing it with oil.
- pour enough mixture in this utensil and make a thick and equal layer of this mixture and put it in the steamer.
- Check after 15-20 minutes if the locho is ready.
- You can serve this by garnishing it with green chutney, coriander leaves, sev and oil.
- You can also sprinkle some red chilli powder and black pepper powder on it.