How to makeTilgul?How to cookTilgul?Learn the recipeTilgulby vahchef.For all recipes visit vahrehvah.com
How to make Tilgul1
1 reviews so far
Prep time mins
Cook time mins
Total time mins
Author : asini85
Main Ingredient : jaggery
Servings : 0 persons
Published date : August 24, 2007
Ingredients used in Tilgul
• white sesame seeds 500 Grams.
• jaggery 250 Grams.
• dry shredded coconut 1/4 Cup.
• peanuts or chana dalia 1/4 Cup.
• cardamoms or rose essence To Taste.
How to make the recipe:
1. Roast sesame seeds over medium heat. When they turn slight golden, remove. Roast shredded coconut till light brown. Roast peanuts.
2. Remove the skins of peanuts and crush them into small pieces. Or use chana dalia instead of peanuts.
3. In a clean heavy-bottomed, nonstick pan, heat jaggery over medium heat. Add 1 teaspoon ghee into it. After some time, it starts bubbling up and changes to light red. Pour sesame seeds, coconut, peanuts and cardamom powder immediately and mix well. This mixture is little sticky and thick.
4. Rub some ghee to the palm of your hands. When the mixture is still hot, take some in your palm. Roll into 1 inch diameter ball. If the mixture gets cold, heat again to make the rolling easier. Make all the ladoos and let them cool. They turn hard and crisp once cool. Store in an airtight container.