Usal Pav Recipe, Mattar, How To Make Usal Pav Recipe
Usal Pav is traditional Maharashtrian dish that is nutritious and delicious to taste. Usal is a spicy curry prepared using boiled potato, white peas, grated coconut spiced with red chili powder, cumin powder, green chilies and a zest of lemon juice.
Batani, Pattani, Mattar
How to make Usal pav
37 reviews so far
Prep time mins
Cook time 25 mins
Total time 25 mins
Author : Vahchef
Main Ingredient : Peas
Servings : 4 persons
Published date : September 23, 2016
Ingredients used in Usal pav
• mustard seeds 1 Teaspoons.
• grated coconut and chopped coriander leaves To Taste.
• green chilies 2-3 Numbers.
• red chili powder 2-3 Teaspoons.
• cumin powder 2 Teaspoons.
• boiled potato 1 Numbers.
• onion 2 Numbers.
• white peas (soaked for 5-6 hrs), 2 Cup.
• turmeric powde 1 Teaspoons.
• asafoetida Pinch.
• salt To Taste.
• lemon juice To Taste.
• Pav (Indian bread) To Taste.
How to make the recipe:
1. Soak white peas for 5-6 hours and boil them with enough water.
2. Chop onions and green chilies.
3. Heat some oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds, asafoetida, turmeric powder and then half of the chopped onion pieces.
4. Saute onion pieces till they turn brown, add boiled peas and water.
5. Cover and cook till the gravy thickens slightly.
6. Now add cumin powder, chili powder, salt. Stir and cook for some time. Remove from the heat.
Garnish with coconut and coriander leaves and some chopped onion. Serve with pav.