|Published||Mar 6, 2008||Cooking Time||1 hour|
|Recipe Type||Appetizers||Preparation Time||30 min|
|Ingredient||Chicken||Standing Time||1 hour|
Description: Chicken lollipops are an Indo Chinese dish and very popular delicious appetizers for the kids. Segments of chicken wings marinated with spices and deep fried until crisp.
Recipe of chicken lollipop
|Chilli Garlic Sauce,Crushed||1||Tablespoons|
|Breadcrumbs To Coat||2||Tablespoons|
|Aji No Moto(MSG)-Optional,||1||Pinch|
|Chicken Wings Frenched||5||Numbers|
- Prepare the chicken wings according to video directions by turning inside out-Each wing can be made into 2 lollipops-One portion closer to the shoulder(Meatier portion) and another portion away from the shoulder (Remove the second small bone)-This is the less meaty portion and can be stuffed so the presentation looks nice
- Prepare stuffing-Season chicken mince with paneer mixed in, salt,chilli powder,herbs, green chilli and stuff the smaller lollipops with this mixture Now we can season the prepared lollipops with few dashes,soy sauce, chilli/garlic paste,ginger/garlic paste and marinate for some time
- Prepare batter-Mix in chilli powder, chilli/garlic sauce,salt, cornflour to the beaten egg Heat oil to medium heat(the lollipops need to cook completely inside hence, oil should not be too hot or else outside will brown too quickly leaving the insides uncooked)
- Roll the lollipops in the batter and breadcrumbs,drop gently into the oil and fry to a golden brown-not dark brown The Lollipops can also be made without batter/breadcrumbs-Just fry them till golden brown
- These lollipops can be served with a quick sauce made as below Saute in some oil-cumin and crushed ginger/garlic until fragrant-Add curry leaves,soy sauce,green chillies chopped,coriander leaves chopped and Aji no moto-Toss in the fried lollipops and serve immediately.
Posted Mar 6, 2008