|Published||Jul 9, 2009||Cooking Time||1 hour|
|Recipe Type||Appetizers||Preparation Time||30 min|
|Ingredient||Curd/Yogurt||Standing Time||1 hour|
Description: Dahi bhalla is prepared of fried black gram dumplings served with spicy yoghurt and few types of chutney. Dahi bhalla is more refreshing than the other chaats because of the combination of the sweetness of yoghurt and the savory bhallas that just melt away into the mouth
Recipe of Dahi Bhalla
|Mint Chutney||1||To Taste|
|Tamarind Chutney||1||To Taste|
|Green Chillli, Deseeded & Sliverred||1||Numbers|
|Chopped Coriander Leaves||3||Tablespoons|
|Oil To Fry||1||To Fry|
|Sev||as needed||To Taste|
|Red Chilli Powderr||1||Teaspoons|
|Roasted Cumin Powder||1||Teaspoons|
- Wash and soak the dal in cold water overnight.
- Next day, strain and grind to a smooth paste. Whisk into the batter 1/2 tsp salt.
- Heat oil Drop tablespoons of batter in it and fry until light golden.use raisins and cashew as stuffing Put the bhallas in hot water. Leave for 2 minutes. Drain, squeezing out the water between the palm of your hands.
- Whisk the yoghurt well with sugar as to taste. To serve, place the bhallas on a plate and cover with yoghurt. Drizzle mint chutney and tamarind chutney.
- Sprinkle red chilli powder,sev, cumin powder.
- Garnish with coriander leaves red chilli powder, chatmasala.
Posted Jul 9, 2009