September 20, 2007
1) Pressure cook the chick peas with the tea bag for 3 whistles until they are soft. Drain and set aside. Discard the tea bag.
2) Heat the oil in a pan, add the cumin seeds. When the seeds crackle, add the onion, ginger and garlic and sauteacute; until the onion is golden brown.
3) Add the chana masala, red chilli powder, mango powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and salt and sauteacute; for another minute.
4) Add the chick peas and 1 cup of water and mix well. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. And set aside
1) Combine the flour, potato, 1 frac12; teaspoons of oil and salt and knead into a firm dough without using any water. Knead the dough very well until it is smooth. Cover with a wet muslin cloth and rest the dough for 10 minutes.
2) Divide the dough into 4 equal parts and roll out into circles of 125 mm. (5quot;) diameter.
3) Deep fry in hot oil until the bhaturas puff up and both sides are golden brown.
4) Serve hot with the cholay, sliced onion and lemon wedges