- Make a batter out of Urad dal, rice, methi and Chana dal similar to Dosa and ferment it over night by adding a pinch of cooking soda.
- Take required quantity of the batter, add chopped onion, green chili, coriander leaves and salt to taste.
- You will need a pan (ponganalu pan - available in Indian markets).
- Put some ghee in each pit and put the batter.
- Cook it in medium flame covering with the lid.
- Turn the ponganalu other side and see that they are cooked.
Crispy ponganalu are good to eat with any chutneys.