- Pressure cook sweet potato with water for 2 whistles, later remove skin and mash it.
- Take a bowl, add sugar, butter and mix it, then add egg and keep mixing it.
- Later add vanilla essence to the same bowl and mix nicely.
- To all-purpose flour bowl, add baking soda, baking powder, transfer this mixture to egg mixture bowl and mix it.
- Add mashed sweet potato to the above bowl and mix it well.
- Later, transfer this mixture into a greased baking tray and bake it for about 20-25 for 180 degrees centigrade.
- Rest it for some time, later demould it and cut into pieces.
Now Sweet Potato Tea Cake is ready to serve along with evening tea.