1. Peel the yam and cut into thin long slices.
2. wash them and boil for 5 min till they are half cooked.
3.Take a pan add oil,mustard seeds,cumin seeds,green chillies,curry leaves saute them then add onion cut into thin or you can blend the onions mix it then add salt to it mix well.
4. Once onion slightly changes it colour add turmeric , ginger garlic paste, poppy seeds powder ( dry roast poppy seeds in a pan and blend it into a fine powder) then add coconut powder, red chilli powder and mix well add little bit of water to it and cook for 5 min.
5. once masalas are cooked, if the masala is dry add some more water to it and cook for a min then spread the masala all over the pan and add the boiled yam into it.
6. Let it cook for 5 min and rotate the yam evenly till it changes its colour to golden brown or till the masala sticks to yam.
7. Finely switch off the flame and add chopped coriander leaves if required lemon juice.