|Published||May 25, 2009||Cooking Time||1 hour|
|Recipe Type||Desserts/Sweets||Preparation Time||30 min|
|Ingredient||Sugar||Standing Time||1 hour|
Description: Kalakand is an exquisite milk-based sweet preparation made with concentrated milk called khoya and fresh paneer called chhana are mixed and simmered together with sugar to a luxurious thick, firmness. The mixture is cooled, then cut to squares and garnished with pistachios. This dish is flavored with mango.
Recipe of Mango Kalakandh
- I made this sweet with curdled milk, you can curdeled the milk by adding lemon juice.
- Take 3ltrs of milk in a bowl bring to boil then add lemon juice once milk curdled switch of the flame.
- Remove all excess water and keep it a side.
- In a pan add sugar,mango pulp mix well and add curdeled milk mix well again.
- keep mixing for 10 mins then add cashewnuts cook till ghee oozes out that when your kalakanis ready.
- Take a pan or cake dish grease with Ghee and pour this mixture, keep it a side for 1hr and cut into pieces.
Posted May 25, 2009