|Published||September 17, 2012||Cooking Time||1 hour|
|Is Veg||Preparation Time||10 mins|
|Main Ingredient||Chicken||Standing Time||mins|
|great snack for kids and young ones.|
Recipe of POPCORN CHICKEN
|Chaat masala||1 1/2||Tablespoons|
|Oil for deep frying|
|Maida (all-purpose flour)||1/2||Cup|
|Red Chili powder||2||Teaspoons|
|Black pepper powder||1||Teaspoons|
|Salt to taste|
|Parmesan cheese (optional)||1||Tablespoons|
1. Wash chicken and cut into small pieces. Put them in a bowl and season with salt, red chilli powder, black pepper powder, lemon juice and mix well. Marinate in the fridge for few hours.
In a dish, take ¢ cup corn flour, ¢ all-purpose flour (maida), and combine them together.
2. Add little salt and red chilli powder, mix and keep aside. Whisk 1 or 2 eggs in a bowl and keep aside. In another tray, add all-purpose flour and put in the chicken pieces and coat well with the maida flour (this helps in absorbing the excess moisture).
3. Take the coated chicken pieces and drop them in the egg mixture and coat them well. Take pieces of chicken and coat them with the spiced flours, remove and shift them into a colander and toss them to remove the excess flour.
4. Heat oil in a pan on medium heat and when the oil gets hot, add the chicken pieces and deep fry till they get nice and crispy.
5. The chicken pieces should get slight golden in colour. Remove, drain oil. In a bowl, add some chaat masala, parmesan cheese (optional), marjoram spice, and mix the ingredients well. Sprinkle some of the masala powder over the chicken, toss and serve.