|Published||Cooking Time||25 Minutes|
|Recipe Type||Desserts/Sweets||Preparation Time||10 Minutes|
|Ingredient||Pumpkin||Standing Time||25 Minutes|
Pumpkin Halwa with Apple is an excellent amalgamation of pumpkin halwa and apple sauce mixed together that pricks your taste buds with bursting flavours. The pumpkin pieces are nicely cooked until soft, pureed and sweetened with sugar, flavoured with wonderful fragrance of cardamom topped with apple sauce flavoured with cinnamon.
Recipe of PUMPKIN HALWA WITH APPLE
|Apple Medium Sized Pieces||1||Cup|
|Dry Fruits (cashew Nuts, Almonds, Raisins)||1||Cup|
|Ghee/ Clarified Butter||2||Tablespoons|
|Sugar As Per Taste|
|Red Pumpkin, Boiled And Mashed||250||Grams|
2. Add around 2 tbsp of ghee in a hot pan, add 1 cup of nuts (cashew nuts, almonds and raisins), sauté over low heat and once the raisins puff up, add in the mashed pumpkin.
3. Add sugar (as per sweetness desired), mix and cook till all the sugar get dissolved and the mixture becomes thick.
4. Add 1 tsp cardamom powder to the pumpkin mixture and mix well. Switch off the flame. Take another pan; add a cup of sugar and a cup of apple puree (peel the skin and make the puree). Cook this well. When the sugar gets completely dissolved add a piece of butter and mix. When the butter melts,
4. add small pieces of apple, simmer and cook for around 10 minutes until all the apple pieces become soft.
5. Add a pinch of crushed cinnamon or cinnamon powder and mix. Once the apples are soften then switch off the flame.
6. Take a bowl and spread the apple mixture towards the sides of bowl and put the pineapple halwa in the centre and serve.