Baingan Ka Bharta Recipe, How To Make Baingan Ka Bharta Recipe
Baigan bharta is made of roasted eggplant and other spices giving a distinctive flavor and taste to the dish.
How to make Baingan ka bharta
119 reviews so far
prep time 30 mins
Cook time 15 mins
Total time 45 mins
Author : Vahchef
Main Ingredient : Brinjal Eggplant
Servings : 4 persons
Published date : November 24, 2007
Ingredients used in Baingan ka bharta
• garlic 4 Numbers.
• cumin pdr (optional 1/4 Teaspoons.
• Coriander leaves for garnishing 0.
• coriander pdr (optional 1/2 Teaspoons.
• Tomato 1 Numbers.
• oil 3 Tablespoons.
• Salt To Taste.
• Turmeric powder 1/4 Teaspoons.
• Red chilli powder 1/2 Teaspoons.
• Garam masala powder 1/2 Teaspoons.
• slit green chilli 1 Numbers.
• Finely chopped onions 11/2 Cup.
• cooked green peas (optional) 1/2 Cup.
• Eggplant (medium sized) 1 Numbers.
How to make the recipe:
Apply some oil to the eggplant. Keep it on a hot griddle tawa in reduced flameor put it in the oven at high heat and bake .
Once a side of the eggplant is properly cooked turn it. Likewise cook all the sides. It takes around 10-15 minutes to cook the whole eggplant.
Once it is fully cooked, wait for it to cool down and then peel off the skin and mash well. Heat oil in a pan, add garlic ,green chilli and chopped onions and fry over medium flame until light golden brown. Add red chilli powder, garam masala powder and turmeric powder.
nbsp;Stir well and add chopped tomatoes and cook till tender. Now add the mashed eggplant , cooked peas and salt and stir for 5-6 minutes on a medium flame.
Garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Serve hot with chapatis or as a side dish with rice.I thank sarita for posting this recipenbsp;nbsp;at vahrehvah.comvahchef