Every thing about 10 Health & Beauty Benefits of Cucumber | Vahrehvah :
Cucumber is one of the oldest cultivated crops, popularly known as ‘khira/kheera’ or ‘kakdi’ in Hindi. It is also known as ‘Dosakaya’ in Telugu, ‘Kakkarikkari‘ in Tamil, ‘Kani Vellarikka‘ in Malayalam, ‘Kakdi‘ in Gujarati, ‘Sosha‘ in Bengali, ‘Kakadi‘ in Marathi, and ‘Tar‘ in Punjabi. Cucumber or Cucumis sativus is a creeper that belongs to the Cucurbitaceous family.
It has a light to dark green color, thin skin, moisture-rich flesh with tiny edible seeds inside, and is enjoyed best in salads, sandwiches, or as a juice. It has a high water content that helps keep your body hydrated, and the low calorie content makes it a great choice for a weight loss diet. According to World Health Food “Cucumbers are a valuable source of conventional antioxidant nutrients including vitamin C, beta-carotene, and manganese.” It also has a high amount of vitamin K. Cucumber peels are rich in dietary fiber that helps reduce constipation. We would have enjoyed cucumbers in fruit and vegetables salads, but do you know that it has lot of beauty benefits for eyes, hair and skin and is also a popular ingredient in many skincare products. We can intake cucumber in form of food like Cucumber Chutney, Cucumber Dal, Cucumber And Lemon Tadka Dal, Cucumber Mutton Curry Yellow Cucumber Dosakaya, Cucumber And Bengal Gram Chutney…
Beauty benefits of cucumber:
- Cucumber for skin problems: The cooling properties of cucumbers help to soothe inflammations and treat rashes. Place thin cucumber slices on affected area to treat irritated skin conditions. In no time, you would feel better
- Cucumber for treating pimples: Cucumber is known to work wonders on pimples as well as blackheads. Apply cucumber juice on skin and let it dry. Wash off with plain water. The astringent properties would help to reduce pimples and acnes. Your skin would be smooth and soft naturally.
- Cucumber for treating sunburn: Cucumber is a natural coolant, excellent for treating sunburns. It reduces pain and helps to heal the skin thus damaged. Apply cucumber juice directly on skin or place slices on the affected areas to get the best results.
- Cucumber for cleansing: It is a deep pore cleanser which gives you bright skin when used daily. The water content of cucumbers helps to clean the pores gently and offer you healthy skin.
- Cucumber as anti-aging remedy: Cucumber contains 90% water and thus, helps to keep your skin hydrated. Cucumber seeds are rich in vitamin E and potassium. The seeds help in reducing fine lines, spots and other signs of aging.
- Cucumber for weight loss: The calorie content in cucumbers is low and therefore, it is a great substitute for snacks loaded with calories. Since cucumbers have dietary fibers, it checks your tendency to over-eat. Your stomach feels full and you tend to eat less. Thus, it is a healthy way to spur weight-loss.
- Cucumbers offer multiple benefits when used in face packs. Grated cucumber or cucumber juice can be used as a key component in facial masks to treat wrinkles, spots, blemishes, pimples and fine lines. Cucumber is also suitable for sensitive skin.
- Cucumber-Egg white pack: Blend a few cucumber pieces in a blender and form a smooth paste. The paste needs to be strained so that the juice is separated from the residue. Now mix the juice with an egg white and a spoon of lemon juice. Leave it on for about twenty minutes and rinse with cold water.
- Cucumber- Oats pack: Make a paste by blending cucumber slices. Add some honey and yoghurt. Add half-a-cup of oats. Put it in the refrigerator and apply the pack when it is cold. Wait till it is dry and rinse with clean water. If you have a dry skin, you can use milk instead of yoghurt.
- Cucumber-Almond face pack: Mix a spoon of grated cucumber with half-a-spoon of almond powder, a spoon of cold milk and honey. Apply it on your face and keep for twenty minutes. Wash off this nourishing face mask with lukewarm water.
- Cucumber-milk pack: Mix equal quantities of cucumber juice with milk and apply it on your face to tighten the skin pores.
- Cucumber-lemon pack: Mix cucumber juice and lemon juice in equal quantities and apply the concoction on your face. Keep for about fifteen minutes and rinse with water. This pack helps to lighten your complexion.
Health Benefits of cucumber:
- Keeps you hydrated. If you are too busy to drink enough water, munch on the cool cucumber, which is 96 percent water. It will cheerfully compensate!
- Fights heat, both inside and out. Eat cucumber, and your body gets relief from heartburn. Apply cucumber on your skin, and you get relief from sunburn and itchy skin.
- Flushes out toxins. All that water in cucumber acts as a virtual broom, sweeping waste products out of your system. With regular use, cucumber is known to dissolve kidney stones.
- Nourishes you with A B and C, which boost immunity, give you energy and keep you radiant. Give it more power by juicing cucumber with carrot and spinach.
- Supplies skin-friendly minerals: magnesium, potassium, silicon. That’s why cucumber-based treatments are popular in spas.
- Aids in weight loss. Enjoy cucumbers in your salads and soups. My favorite snack? Crunchy cucumber sticks with creamy yogurt dip.
- Revives the eyes. Placing chilled slices of cucumber on the eyes is a clichéd beauty visual, but it really helps reduce under-eye bags and puffiness.
- Cuts cancer risk. Cut down your risk of several cancers by including cucumber in your diet. Several studies show its cancer-fighting potential.
- Stabilizes blood pressure. Patients that struggle with blood pressure, both high and low, often find that eating cucumber brings relief.
- Refreshes the mouth. Cucumber juice refreshes and heals diseased gums, leaving your mouth smelling good.
- Smooths hair and nails. Silica, the wonder mineral in cucumber makes your hair and nails stronger and shinier.
- Soothes muscle and joint pain. All those vitamins and minerals in cucumber make it a powerful enemy of muscle and joint pain.
- Keeps kidneys in shape. Cucumber lowers uric acid levels in your system, keeping the kidneys happy.
- Good for diabetics. Patients of diabetes can enjoy cucumber while also reaping its health benefits: cucumber contains a hormone needed by the cells of the pancreas for producing insulin.
- Reduces cholesterol. A compound called sterols in cucumber helps reduce bad cholesterol.
To try easy, yummy and appetizing recipes, do click on: www.vahrehvah.com You could always reach me at my below links:
My Cooking Videos Indian Recipes Indian Food Regional Indian Cuisines VahChef Sanjay Thumma
Enjoy cooking and eating healthy foods to stay hale and hearty. Always remember that: “VahrehVah is all about inspiring others to cook”!