Paneer Do Pyaza Recipe, How To Make Paneer Do Pyaza Recipe
Paneer Do Pyaza is a simple cottage cheese preparation with onions Paneer Do Pyaza is a simple, appealing paneer dish made with luscious paneer or cottage cheese cubes lightly fried and cooked in a rich, mildly spiced and creamy onion based gravy.
Paneer Do Pyaza is a simple, appealing paneer dish made with luscious paneeror cottage cheese cubes lightly fried and cooked in a rich, mildly spiced and creamy onion based gravy. Traditionally the style of cooking paneerRead More..
How to make Paneer Do Pyaza
100 reviews so far
Prep time 15 mins
Cook time 30 mins
Total time 30 mins
Author : Vahchef
Main Ingredient : Paneer
Servings : 2 persons
Published date : September 01, 2015
Ingredients used in Paneer Do Pyaza
• Cumin seeds 1/2 Teaspoons.
• Onions 1 Numbers.
• Salt 0 0.
• Turmeric 1 Pinch.
• Ginger garlic paste 1 Teaspoons.
• Green chillies 4-5 Numbers.
• Red chilli powder 1 Teaspoons.
• Coriander powder 1 Tablespoons.
• Yellow bell pepper 1 Numbers.
• Tomatoes 1 Numbers.
• Fenugreek leaves 1/2 Teaspoons.
• Paneer 1 Cup.
• Fried Cashew nuts 4-5 Numbers.
• Cream 2 Teaspoons.
• Coriander leaves 1 Bunch.
How to make the recipe:
1. In a hot pan add oil, shahi jeera, chopped onions, salt, turmeric and saute it up to 5-6min till it changes the colour. 2. After 5 min add ginger garlic paste and saute it. 3. Then add green chillies, red chilli powder, coriander powder, water and cook it in a low flame. 4. In a blender add yellow bell pepper, Tomatoes and blend it to a fine paste. 5. Add this paste into the cooking mixture and saute it upto 5min. 6. Now add water, cubes of onions mix it and cook it. 7. Then add kasoori methi powder, fried paneer and mix it. 8. In din chik add cashew nuts and make a course powder. 9. Add these powder, cream into the paneer mixture and mix it nicely. 10. Lastly add chopped coriander leaves and serve it in a bowl. 11. Now the dish is ready garnish with a cashew nut and serve hot hot.
Dry fish brinjal curry is a popular in Andhra Pradesh. Served with rice and roti.
Paneer Do Pyaza is a simple, appealing paneer dish made with luscious paneeror cottage cheese cubes lightly fried and cooked in a rich, mildly spiced and creamy onion based gravy. Traditionally the style of cooking paneerdo pyaza has its influence from the Mughlai cuisine and is said to be a vegetarian adaption of the popular non vegetariandish, Chicken Do Pyaza.
Paneer Do Pyaza is a wonderful dish that can be served with any variety of rice such as plain steamed rice or fried rice, roti, naan or parathas. This is a very popular dish served in most of the restaurants and dhabas. It has amazing aromatic flavours from onions, spices, bell pepper and tomato gravy, kasuri methi and dash of cream that is added to the last to give a creamy and rich appearance besides delicious taste.
Dopiaza dishes, arising from the Mughals kitchens is a debate on what does ‘dopyaza’ or ‘dopiaza’ actually means? Literally ‘Pyaza’ or ‘pyaz’ means onion and ‘do’ means twice. Many people assume ‘do pyaza’ as double the onions or lots of onions.
It is also said that ‘do pyaza’ means adding onions at two stages during the cooking, hence the name, but eventually while I was working with one of my colleague chef specialized in Mughlai dishes explained that ‘do pyaza’ is using two variety of ingredients like any type of meat (lamb or chicken) with one variety of vegetable like potatoes cooked in a spicy onion gravy.
Normally the Dopiaza dishes are prepared with a large amount of onions, both cooked in the curry and as a garnish. Authentic dopyaza recipes usually contains a meat using king prawns, chicken (Murgh do pyaz), lamb or shrimp, however it can also be prepared in a vegetarian style made with paneer, bhindi (lady’sfinger) (Bhendi pyaz) etc. Murgh do pyaz or lamb do pyaza is a very popular dish among Hyderabadi Muslims and its origin is from Hyderabadi cuisine.
Most often, raw mangoes, lemon juice or cranberries are used in this as it’s the key souring agent. For preparing this creamy, scrumptious and mouth-wateringPaneer do pyaza, firstly cut paneer into cubes and fry lightly till they turn light brown in color and keep aside. Cut tomato, one green bell pepper (use can also use the yellow or the red variety but green variety enhances the flavours of the dish) and blend together to a fine paste and keep aside. Roast cashew nuts and grind to a coarse powder and keep aside.
Now take some oil in a pan and when it becomes hot, add shahijeera (black cumin), lots of chopped onions, little salt and cook the onions until soft and turn to slight brown in colour. Now add turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste, green chillies (cut lengthwise), chilli powder, and coriander powder and mix well. Add some water and cook for about 3-4 minutes. Now add the tomato & bell pepper paste, mix and cook for another 3 minutes. Add water as needed and now add cubes of onions, kasuri methi, cashew nut powder, cream (optional), paneer. Mix well and cook for 3 minutes and finally garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot.
Do try this recipe and enjoy its luscious and exotic flavours. Click on the below link for viewing the video on making of paneer do pyaza.