Every thing about How to manage domestic garbage disposal? | Vahrehvah :
Many a times there is a persisting problem of clearing domestic garbage as most often the municipal people don’t come to collect the garbage regularly on a day-to-day basis. This creates havoc in and around the house, and the environment. Following some amazing innovative idea to manage your household waste can help you get more organized.
The idea of reusing every bit of waste possible and turning the remaining into energy is the most commendable and sustainable system of waste management which could solve many of the world’s environmental problems. Throwing waste as you like will contaminate the soil and air which will result in spreading various infectious diseases.
The only remedy that can be adapted is giving importance to ‘Reducing the waste and Proper disposal of waste’. Waste management is an important factor in keeping your surroundings and environment clean and fresh. Waste management simply means the collection, transport, processing or disposal, managing and monitoring of waste materials to minimize its consequences of humans and environment.
Let’s see how to deal with the disposal of garbage, food scraps and recyclables.
- Use cloth bags to throw away waste instead of plastic. This is one of the small bit of change that will greatly reduce the amount of waste in your house.
- Buy foods that have less packaging. Look for buying foods that have minimal packaging especially plastic packaging.
- Buy dairy items in containers which you can return. This is a great way to cut down on using plastic. You could walk down to the dairy with your container and buy instead of buying milk packets. This will be a great way to cut down on using plastic.
- Reduce paper usage. If you are using computers, laptops etc, make your office paperless. Choose to pay your bills online. You could also read your newspaper online instead of having a newspaper delivered at home.
- Avoid using bottled water instead carry your own bottle or can. This is much economical and better for the environment.
- Reusing or recycling is one of the best ways to reduce your waste. If you are planning to throw away your old clothes, electronics or any other item, donate items whichever is good and useful. Schools, orphanage homes etc often accept such donations.
- Household items such as batteries, electronic goods, tube lights etc which can’t be recycled or reused should be disposed of properly. Generally most of these items have to be thrown out with the trash or disposed of at a hazardous waste facility.
- Save your food scraps and yard cuttings from the trash and compost them and turn them into rich, nutritious soil which can be used to nourish your garden. There are many ways to compost; some compost mixtures are only for items like meat and dairy, while others are strictly for fruit and vegetable scraps.
- You could also have two types of compost pile like green items, which break down quickly, like raw vegetable peelings, coffee grounds, tea bags, grass cuttings, leaves and the second for brown items, which break down slowly, like sticks and branches, paper, cardboard, eggshells, sawdust.
- Your compost can be used to fertilize your vegetable or flower garden. You just have to simply spread it around your yard to give your grass and other plants a nutrition boost.
So from now onwards manage, recycle and reuse your domestic garbage properly to have a clean, healthy and safe environment.
VahChef Sanjay Thumma
Do look out for your favorite, yummy, appetizing and exotic recipes at: www.vahrehvah.com
Enjoy cooking and eating healthy foods to stay hale and hearty.
Always remember that: “VahrehVah is all about inspiring others to cook”!