Rate the recipe
16 reviews so far
|Published||April 12, 2009||Cooking Time||1 hour|
|Main Ingredient||Other||Preparation Time||mins|
|capsicum cooked with simple spices|
Recipe of capsicum sada masala
|salt||as per taste|
|ginger garlic paste||1||Tablespoons|
|chilli powder||as per taste|
Capsicum Sada Masala (write up thanks to Usha)
This is a simple dish with Bell Pepper (Capsicum) goes well with pulka, Chapathi or even rice !!!
To prepare this dish
1. Heat a tbsp of oil in a sauce pan.
2. Add few mustard seeds
3. Add few Cummin seeds
4. Add fresh curry leaves, allow them to crackle
5. Now, add chopped onions, and salt (which helps the onions to cook fatster)
6. When the onions are slightly cooked add pinch of Turmeric
7. Add ginger - garlic paste.
8. When the onions are slightly sauted, add bell pepper (Do not cover it with a lid).
9. When the Bell pepper is slightly cooked, add 1/2 tbsp of coriander powder.
10. 1 tbsp of coriander pwd
11. chilli pwd according to your taste. Mix Well
12. you can be generous in adding cauliflower, potato, or green peas to this bell pepper which will enhance your dish even more.
13. After 10 mins of slow cooking, the capsicum (bell pepper) looks great and your dish is ready.
14. garnish it with Coriander (cilantro).
15. Serve with Chapathi, pulka, or Rice.