|Published||September 12, 2012||Cooking Time||1 hour|
|Is Veg||Preparation Time||10 mins|
|Main Ingredient||Chicken||Standing Time||mins|
|Traditional Malvani style of cooking chicken curry in a spicy Malvani gravy. Its a very flavourful and delicious chicken dish.|
Recipe of SAGOTI CHICKEN MALVANI
|Water as needed|
|Malvani ground masala paste||2||Tablespoons|
|Garam masala powder||1/2||Teaspoons|
|Malvani Masala dry powder||1||Tablespoons|
|Red chilli powder||1||Teaspoons|
|Green chillies, crushed||1||Teaspoons|
|Ginger garlic paste||2||Teaspoons|
|Salt to taste|
|Coriander leaves, chopped||1||Bunch|
1. Heat oil in a pan and when it becomes hot, add ginger garlic paste, crushed green chillies and saut till the raw flavours are gone.
2. Add turmeric, red chilli powder, Malvani masala powder, garam masala and Malvani ground masala paste and saut well.
3. Add little water and mix well. Allow the masalas to cook for few minutes.
4. Add chicken pieces, salt and mix all the ingredients well. Cover the pan with a lid and cook for about 10 to 15 mins or until the chicken pieces are soft and tender.
5. Add tomato puree, coconut milk, mix well and simmer this on a low heat for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, check the consistency as the gravy needs to be saucy.
6. Sprinkle coriander leaves and switch off the flame.