Dil Shahi Dil Shahi is an awesome Indian sweet similar to the Balushahi recipe. Cooking with technology to make life easy is the present trend for healthy eating. This is a fantastic air fried sweet slightly golden in color, crispy, flaky exterior that gives a nice crackling sound on bite, soft and juicy inside. The Dil Shahi is made combining very few ingredients, stuffed with rich khoya, cardamom flavoured and tossed in sugar syrup to give an amazing glazy appearance.
The Balushahi or Badushah, popular and traditional sweet similar to the Dil Shahi sweet is typically made with all-purpose flour, butter combined together and made into a mini doughnut which is deep fried to make a golden crispy doughnut that is dipped in sweet syrup and then served. This Traditional Indian sweet is very popular all over India, Pakistan and Nepal. It is well known sweet that is served during festivities, marriages and receptions. The Dil Shahi is made creativity to cater to all those sweet-tooth who wish to have it cooked in a healthy way. Frying the Dil Shahi in the Philips airfryer is just innovative and a must try sweet, has a fantastic crispy and flaky exterior.
These mini air fried roundels are dipped into cardamom flavoured sugar syrup which penetrates into the Dil Shahi and get juicy on bite. When it comes to eating healthy foods, most people wonder how to fit in the sweets in the diet? Many give up sweets entirely or resign from eating sugary sweets. Here comes one brilliant sweet delicacy that gives pleasure to satisfy your sweet tooth. This is surely one of the best techniques in preparing sweets to slash off using that extra oil for deep-frying and cutting out on those extra calories and cholesterol.
Do use and implement such tips in healthy cooking and enjoy your meals without feeling hungry or deprived.
Recipe of Dil Shahi:
All-purpose flour – 1 cup
Cooking soda - pinch
Ghee – 1 tsp
Beaten Curd – 1 tbsp
Khoya - 1 cup
Cardamon pd - ½ tsp
Sugar Syrup - 2 cup
- In a mixing bowl, add flour, cooking soda, ghee and crumble the ingredients.
- Add beaten curd and mix to make stiff dough.
- With help of rolling pin, roll the dough flat.
- Spread khoya and sprinkle some cardamom pd and fold the dough and seal.
- Roll and cut them into pieces.
- Preheat the Philips airfryer at 180 degree C for 3 minutes.
- Open the basket and drop the Dil shahi pieces and air fry them for 7-8 min at 180 degree C or until golden in color.
- Once done, remove and drop them in single string hot sugar syrup.
- After about 10 mins of soaking, remove and serve them.
You could always reach me at my website for more amazing nutritious and mouth-watering sweet recipes at:
Enjoy Cooking and always remember that:
“VahrehVah is all about inspiring others to cook”!