How to makeAloo Methi?How to cookAloo Methi?Learn the recipeAloo Methiby vahchef.For all recipes visit vahrehvah.com
How to make Aloo Methi
1 reviews so far
Prep time 10 mins
Cook time 15 mins
Total time 15 mins
Author : saritaabaliga
Main Ingredient : Potatos
Servings : 0 persons
Published date : November 26, 2007
Ingredients used in Aloo Methi
• Potatoes 4 Numbers.
• Onion(chopped) 1 Numbers.
• Fenugreek/methi leaves 4 Bunch.
• garam masala powder 1/2 Teaspoons.
• Red chilli powder 11/2 Teaspoons.
• Turmeric powder 1/4 Teaspoons.
• Tomatoes(chopped) 2 Numbers.
• Yoghurt 3 Tablespoons.
• Oil 3 Tablespoons.
• Cumin Seeds 1/2 Teaspoons.
• Green chillies 2 Numbers.
• salt To Taste.
How to make the recipe:
1. Cook potatoes and cut in to med. sized cubes (or mash), slit green chillies and chop the fenugreek leaves.
2. Heat oil in a pan, fry cumin seeds, slit chillies and onions till it turns golden.
3. Add turmeric powder and tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add fenugreek leaves and cook for 30 seconds. Now add chilli powder, garam masala powder, salt and yoghurt. Mix all the ingredients well.
5. Add potato and cook for 6-8 minutes stirring now and then. Cook till all the water evaporates.
6. Serve hot with chapati, dosa or as a side dish with rice.