Eating nutritive food and inculcating healthy eating habits is the trend and talk of the town at the present time. It is very important that we focus on our long term health and stick to a proper diet regime that keeps us healthy and strong. Often it happens that in the initial few days you get adjusted to the diet but later it slowly fades away mainly could be temptation or any other reason, but here determination is very important to stay on track to develop and maintain healthy eating habits that helps in keeping us fit and strong. Generally many of us ignore this to be either a style statement/ craze or trend that is practiced, but little do we realize the importance of developing healthy eating habits. In large, many of us love to freak out on junk foods, spicy snacks, sweets, desserts etc which overall is not advised eating daily, hence it is important that we focus in maintaining a long term health plan. Kids are the most tempted on eating a variety of fancy foods that are readily available at any super market or malls as they look very attractive and alluring. These food items are most often high in fats, salts and sugar. Hence do keep a check and then decide what is best to feed them. This naturally is a testing time for every parent and should guide them correctly right from their tender age. This doesn’t mean that the child should completely stop eating such foods but can eat in moderation and once in a while. Eating processed or fancy foods may be yummy and delicious but in the long run will lead to various health related problems like Obesity, Diabetes, Hypertension etc. In brief, Healthy eating is consuming precise amounts of foods from all five main food groups which include whole grains, vegetables, fruits, dairy products, protein, sugar and fat. Having a balanced diet is the key element of healthy eating which will surely lead to a healthy life.
Check below for some amazing nutritional tips that will help you in keeping track to develop healthy eating habits:
1. Filling up with Vegetables It’s important that we include fresh vegetables and fruits in our everyday meal. This will naturally help you ward off various health related problems like heart disease, will control blood pressure, avoid intestinal ailments and guard against macular degeneration etc. Every day meal could include a variety of salads, soup, stir fry or just cut fruits and green salad. Try filling half your plate with vegetables or fruits at each meal. Variety is the key to any healthy diet, hence include a variety of colourful vegetables and fruits like dark green leafy vegetables, yellow, green, red peppers, carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes and citrus fruits.
2. Eat small and frequent meals Generally many of us tend to over-eat especially kids. Eating frequent meals in small amounts will help prevent from getting too hungry. This process will also help your brain a steady supply of glucose which helps to keep hunger cravings low. Plan a proper and healthier meal each day.
3. Check out calorie intake and eat more nutritious meals Always read the nutrition label before you by something as this will help in knowing the amount of calories you take. It is also good to look for foods that are low in calories and fat and high in protein and fiber. Apart from this, also check the sodium content as current recommendations say that we need to limit salt intake. If you constantly feel hungry then try adding a bit more of protein to your meal. Eat a more vegetable salad or lean protein that will help you fill your belly and stay full.
4. Do not skip meals Make sure you eat at least 3 meals per day, mainly, the breakfast, lunch and dinner. Skipping meals will make you feel hungry and lead to gastritis and this will also make you overeat the next meal, and grab anything that you find first.
5. Drink more amounts of water It is very important that you consume good amount of water which aids you body in proper digestion and keeps your skin looking youthful and hydrated. Drinking a glass or two of water before your meal will also fill up your belly and may prevent you from overeating! Do try incorporating a practicing these amazing nutrition tips in your daily routine which will surely help you stay healthy and fit. Small changes can gradually add up to great health benefits in the long run. Take care of your body and look for a healthier future ahead. Apart from developing healthy eating habits, you should also understand that working on any type of physical activity or regular exercising will keep you fit and strong. Enjoy cooking and eat healthy and hygienic homemade foods.
If you wish to look out for many more yummy, appetizing and exotic recipes, feel free to click at: www.vahrehvah.com
Enjoy Cooking and always remember that: “VahrehVah is all about inspiring others to cook”!