Large chilies which are stuffed with seasoned paneer and baby corn , crumbed and air fryed crusty outside and a soft cheesy inside Air-fried Stuffed Banana Peppers are truly yummy and delectable snack that is made by stuffing baby corn, seasoned paneer and cheese mixed along with colorful bell peppers, garlicky flavor, boiled spinach leaves and light drizzle of nutmeg to give a nice flavor. These are air-fried for just few minutes until they are perfectly cooked. The banana peppers are crusty on the outer side and soft inside with cheese ready to explode when you bite.
These stuffed banana peppers are the perfect appetizers for delighting your guests with healthy and yummy food. We all like the Mirchi Bajji which is traditionally made with some tangy & sweet spice mix or potato mix which is batter coated and deep fried until crisp and brown. Stuffed Banana Peppers are very similar to the Mirchi Bajji but with a variation in ingredients and method of cooking to keep the nutrients intact and flavors right on bite. Stuffing cheese or meats into banana peppers is very popular in Spanish and Mexican cuisines.
Recipe: Stuffed Banana Peppers – Airfryer Recipe
- Banana Peppers - 4 nos
- Baby corns - 4 nos
- Cottage cheese - 1 cup
- Mozzarella cheese - 1 cup
- Garlic, finely chopped - ½ tsp
- Red bell pepper, finely chopped - 1 tsp
- Yellow bell pepper, finely chopped - 1 tsp
- Spinach, boiled & chopped - 1 tbsp
- Nutmeg powder - 1 pinch
- Pepper powder - ¼ tsp
- All-purpose flour - ¼ cup
- Bread crumbs - 1 cup
- Oil (as required) - 2 tbsp
- De-seed the banana peppers and stuff baby corn in it.
- For the stuffing: Take a mixing bowl, add cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese, finely chopped garlic, red & yellow bell peppers, boiled & chopped spinach, nutmeg powder, crushed pepper powder and combine all the ingredients well.
- Stuff this mixture into the banana peppers.
- Take another bowl and add all-purpose flour, little water, mix and make a batter.
- Dip the stuffed banana peppers one by one into the flour batter and coat them well bread crumbs and keep aside.
- After 2 minutes, again coat the stuffed banana peppers with bread crumbs.
- Preheat the air fryer at 180 degree C for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Place the stuffed banana peppers into the basket and air fry them.
- After 5 minutes, pull out the basket, give a little oil brush and re-fry them.
- Serve hot.
Banana peppers are not very hot and can be stuffed with any ingredient you like to give a new dimension and twist in taste to it. Baby corn slices stuffed inside the Banana peppers gives an awesome taste along with paneer and cheese. Often we find people stuffing a variety of ingredients in the bell peppers but few don’t relish the taste of bell pepper then banana peppers is a better substitute, is much milder in taste and brings a different flavor to the dish of stuffed peppers.
The taste of Banana peppers and its crispness blends well with cheese and other toppings like bell peppers, garlic, spinach or any other green leafy vegetable or meats. Banana Peppers is a good source of fiber, vitamins A & C and beta-carotene. In addition to this, it also contributes towards the body’s Iron, Protein and potassium needs. Do try preparing this fantastic snack which can be served during tea-time or can also be a great cocktail snack to relish.
Kids will also enjoy eating as most of them love cheese bursts in their palate. The highlight of making this snack is about air frying the stuffed banana peppers which is absolutely a guilt free food to eat. At Vahrehvah, watch out for a wide variety of air fried snacks and appetizers. This surely will keep your family in good health ; is a quickie and easy snack idea that you can stir up to quick growing appetite of your children or to refresh your tired loved one and caters to your guests.
To try more easy, yummy and appetizing snack recipes, do click on: https://www.vahrehvah.com
My rating: 4 stars: ★★★★☆ 1 review(s)
You could always reach me at my below links:
My Cooking Videos
Regional Indian Cuisines
VahChef Sanjay Thumma
Enjoy Cooking and always remember that: “VahrehVah is all about inspiring others to cook”!