Crepes with Spinach and Mushroom Corn Stuffing is a awesome snack preparation, crepes made with a mix of all-purpose flour and wheat flour mixed into a liquid batter and fried onto a frying pan. This is stuffed with a subtly spiced mixture of mushroom, corns, spinach and few spices cooked together. The stuffed crepes is topped with some chunky tomato sauce, drizzled with little cheese sauce and sprinkled with grated cheese and baked for just few minutes. This dish simply divine, mildly spiced, delicate flavors yet very delectable and appetizing to the palate. The stuffed crepes are absolutely an elegant treat with savory filling and delicate white sauce.
This snack is not only delicious but also very healthy and nutritious as it is packed with the goodness of spinach, mushrooms and corns stuffed inside the crepes. A typical crepe is a type of very thin, cooked pancake usually made from wheat flour and can be either sweet or savoury crepes. Common fillings for savory crepes includes – cheese, ham, spinach, eggs, ratatouille and various meat products while a sweet crepe is often served as a dessert filled with various sweet items like jam, melted chocolate, ice cream, banana, maple syrup, whipped cream, fruit spreads etc.
Generally crepes are light, delicate, rolled with savory or sweet ingredient for a comforting and refreshing meal that can be eaten any time of the day or night. This is an amazing dish especially for kids who don’t like eating vegetables (mainly green leafy ones). This is a power packed snack that has good amount of vitamins and nutrients. A couple of crepes would surely keep them fit and healthy. For making this fantastic dish, do watch the video and enjoy preparing for your family.
Recipe of Crepes with Spinach and Mushroom Corn stuffing:
- All-purpose flour - 2 cups
- Wheat flour - 1 tbsp
- Egg - 1 no
- Salt - to taste
- Olive oil - 2 tbsp
- Garlic - 2 tsp
- Onions, chopped - 1 cup
- Mushroom, chopped - 1 cup
- Spinach - 1 cup
- Corns - 1 cup
- Nutmeg - pinch
Directions: To make Batter for Pancake:
- Take some all-purpose flour and wheat flour in a bowl and mix well.
- Take another bowl and make a batter by making a mixture of egg, milk, salt and then whisk well. Drop this mixture gently little by little in the flour mixture and mix well to avoid lumps.
- To make pancakes, the pan shouldn’t be too hot, which helps the batter to spread easily.
- Pour the batter in the pan and rotate the pan in circular motion spreading the batter well to the pan (excess batter should be removed).
- Fry for few seconds and slowly remove and pancake and place on the plate. Sprinkle some flour over the pancake so that it doesn’t stick with the other pancake.
- Repeat the process until you make the required quantity of crepes.
To Make the Stuffing:
- Take some oil in a hot pan add chopped garlic, onions, add pinch of salt and chopped mushrooms and corn, let it cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add nutmeg powder, spinach, some pepper powder and mix it, once the mixture is all cooked, switch off the flame.
- Take some stuffing in a spoon and put in one side of the crepe and fold the crepe in triangle shape. Stuff all the pancakes in the same way folding in triangular shape.
- In a serving plate spread some chunky tomato sauce and place a crepe on the sauce, spread some sauce over the crepe and then place another crepe over and repeat the same.
- On the top, sprinkle some grated cheese and some parsley, put the plate into an oven. Once it gets slightly browned over on top, remove it from the oven and serve hot.
There are a variety of amazing and yummy recipes that can be made with new variations giving creative dimensions to make it healthier and nutritious. To try more favourite recipes, do click on: www.vahrehvah.com
You could always reach me at my below links:
My Cooking Videos Indian Recipes Indian Food Regional Indian Cuisines VahChef Sanjay Thumma
Enjoy Cooking! Keep Smiling…