Every thing about Health Benefits of Honey and Cinnamon | Vahrehvah :
Honey and Cinnamon are two excellent ingredients that are used in most cuisine to flavor the foods. They are well known for its culinary and medicinal properties. Mix of cinnamon and honey prevents us from various diseases and aid in curing health related problems like arthritis, bladder infections, hair loss, toothache, lowering cholesterol, cold and sinuses, stomach upset, immune system, heart diseases, indigestion, weight loss etc.
Honey is produced in most of the countries of the world. It is nature’s luscious sweet ingredient given to human kind. Honey is one of the oldest sweeteners on the earth and an excellent substitute to sugar. Honey can be used without any side effects for any kind of diseases.
Health Benefit of Honey:
- Honey has wide variety of vitamins and minerals such as calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, sulphur, sodium, zinc, amino acids and antioxidants.
- Honey is a natural antiseptic that promotes healing, anti-inflammatory agent reducing scars.
- Recent studies have shown that even though honey issweet, if taken in the right amount as a medicine, does not harm diabetic patients.
- Honey contains flavonoids, antioxidants which help reduce the risk of some cancers and heart disease.
- Buckwheat honey is just as effective as a single dose of dextromethorphan in relieving nocturnal cough and allowing proper sleep.
- Honey is useful in improving eyesight, weight loss, curing impotence and premature ejaculation, urinary tract disorders, bronchial asthma, diarrhea, and nausea.
- Honey is referred as “Yogavahi” since it has a quality of penetrating the deepest tissues of the body.
Cinnamon is exceptionally an aromatic and warm spice that is easily available in the market in two forms, i.e., cinnamon sticks or cinnamon powder. Cinnamon is widely used in most cuisines to spice their dishes. It is high in a substance called cinnamaldehyde, which is responsible for most of the health benefits. It has been prized for its medicinal properties for thousands of years.
Health Benefit of Cinnamon:
- Cinnamon is a good source of vitamin A and C along with minerals like zinc, potassium, magnesium and manganese.
- Cinnamon has antimicrobial properties thus consuming cinnamon is effective to fight against bacterial and yeast infections.
- Cinnamon is loaded with powerful antioxidants, such as polyphenols which protect the body from oxidative damage caused by free radicals and may help lower the risk of disease.
- Cinnamon can control the key risk factors for heart disease, including cholesterol, triglycerides and blood pressure.
- Cinnamon has been shown to significantly increase sensitivity to the hormone insulin.
- Cinnamon has been shown to reduce fasting blood sugar levels, having a potent anti-diabetic effect at 1 to 6 grams per day.
- Test tube studies have shown that cinnamon can help fight HIV-1, the main type of HIV virus in humans.
- Paste of honey and cinnamon powder, used as a sweet spread over breads or chapatti instead of jams and jellies, reduce cholesterol in the arteries and saves from the risk of a heart attack.
- Daily use of honey and cinnamon powder strengthens the immune system and protects the body from bacterial and viral attacks.
- Cinnamon powder sprinkled on btbsp. of honey taken before food, relieves acidity and digests the food easily.
- Apply a paste of hot olive oil, a tbsp. of honey, a tsp of cinnamon powder on hair before bath, leave it for 15 min and wash. It will strengthen hairs and control Hair loss.
- A tsp. of cinnamon powder and half a tsp. of honey in a glass of lukewarm water and drink. This can help destroy the bacteria in the urinary system.
- Apply a paste of cinnamon powder and honey and on the aching tooth. It will relief the toothache.
- To reduce weight, daily drink a mixture of a teaspoon of honey with half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder boiled in water with an empty stomach in the morning.
- Gargle with honey and cinnamon powder mixed in warm water so that breath stays fresh throughout the day.
Do try incorporating these simple nutritional tips in your daily routine which will surely help you stay healthy and fit.