[caption id="attachment_1910" align="alignleft" width="300" caption="Vegetable Shami Kabab"]
is a very popular dish in Pakistan and India. The dish is actually prepared with minced meat, ground chickpeas and spices. A luscious kabab often garnished with lemon juice and sliced onions. Shami kabab’s originate from the Nawabi banquet of Awadh cuisine.
Now you will be watching the vegetarian version of shami kabab called Vegetable shami kabab
. It’s a very delicious and healthy kabab. This kabab is a combination of raw plantains, channa dal (dried garbanzo beans) and spices stuffed with paneer (cottage cheese), pomegranate seeds and coriander. You can also use Khoya instead of paneer. It’s an excellent stuffing that gives the spicy flavors from the plantain-channa dal mixture and sweetness of the pomegranate seeds. A true mixed flavors of hot and sweet tastes. Vegetable shami kabab is an excellent snack that can be eaten any time.
Vegetable shami kabab is easy to prepare and does not consume much fat. It is a good option for the vegetarians and can be prepared by boiling the raw plantains skin and mash them. Remember to take out the boiled plantains from water after it gets cooked or else the plantain would absorb the water and you would not get the right consistency to mix for preparing kabab
. Take a pan, put a little oil add shahjeera, chopped onions, salt, green chillies, ginger garlic paste, turmeric, mint leaves and fry. Add the boiled and cooked channa dal mix well add red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala powder and mix well again. Add the mashed boiled plantains, chopped coriander and amchur powder and mix well. Mash this mixture well.
Summary: Kabab made with raw banana
- amchur powder - 0 - pinch
- Banana raw - 1 - number
- Channa dal boiled - 1/2 - cup
- chat masala - 0 - pinch
- coriander leaves - 1 - bunch
- coriander powder - 1/2 - tsp
- cumin powder - 1/2 - tsp
- garama masala - 0 - pinch
- khoya - 1/2 -cup
- oil - 0 - as needed
- pomegranate seeds - 2 - tbsp
- red chilli powder -0 - as needed
- salt - 0 - as needed
- Boil banana in water remove the skin and mash.
- Take a pan add oil, onion,zeera, chopped onions,salt, green chillis chopped, ginger galic paste, turmuric, mint leaves, now add channa dal mix well.add red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder,garam masala powder mix well again.
- Now add mashed Banana, coriander, amchur powder mix well switch off the flame and mash this mixture again.
- For stuffing take paneer or khoya add onion, salt, pomegranate coriander leaves, chilli powder, chat masala mix well.
- Take both the mixture and divide into equal poration stuff the khoya mixture in banana mixture make into samll dumplings or shapes as required.
- Take a pan add little butter or oil fry both the side till golden brown colour.
Cooking time (duration): 25
Diet type: Vegetarian
Number of servings (yield): 4
Recipe by Vahchef
For the stuffing take paneer or khoya add onions, salt, pomegranate seeds, coriander leaves, chilli powder, chaat masala and mix well. Form them into small lime size balls or dumplings and keep aside.
Take the plantain-channa dal mixture and make small flatten rounds and stuff with the paneer mixture and seal the ends. Shallow fry them on a tawa on both sides till it turns golden brown color. Vegetable shami kabab can be accompanied with mint or coriander chutney. Its an healthy dish giving you all the nutritions and proteins required.
This recipe mainly focuses on all the vegetarian who would like to eat this delicious Vegetable
kabab and will not miss out on anything. Rush and grab the recipe from: